Friday, August 15, 2008

New Blog New Plan

I thought with this new blog I would post first about www.postcrossing.com.
Its a free site. You sign up to exchange postcards with people around the world. The basic premise is you send at most 5 postcards at one time. Once your postcards are received you get a postcard from a different member. Now you can also receive postcards from people from the same country.

Its a bit addicting or at least for me. I like to get the cards in the mail and now I display them in my home office. In wall hanging frames that I purchased from Urban Outfitters. If interested you can see it here.

Here is one look at some of my collection.

The only problem is that the Urban Outfitter frames only work with postcards that are 4x6 and many are larger. Some I do cut down now. But others seem to nice to do that too.

Need some sorta crafty idea or project to use those over sized postcards. Any Ideas?

4 comments:

Chris said...

You are being a bad influence....I just signed up. I collected post cards when I was younger. Thanks for the link!

Jen said...

I'm curlygirl on postcrossing if you want to look at my profile.

Chris said...

Found you. I'm chris4decor -- what can I say brain is shot, so thought I'd keep it simple.

Unknown said...

This is a really cool idea!