Saturday, January 24, 2009

Recipe: Quick Sausage & Potato Dinner

I've been busy with class so I haven't been posting so much.

I made this for dinner a few nights ago. Its pretty easy to make and it got approval of 3 kids under 9 as well as the adults.

Ingredients:

1 lb link Italian sausage ( I used Sweet)
1 lb potatoes, (small cut in half)
2 green peppers, cut into thin strips
2 small onions, cut in thin wedges
1 can fire roasted tomatoes, w/ garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 TBSP olive oil

Preheat oven to 450

Cut sausages in thirds. Cut potatoes in half I used small white potatoes. Cut up green peppers into thin strips and cut onion into thin wedges.

On a jelly roll pan place first five ingredients. sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil and then toss ingredients together with your hands until evenly coated. Put in oven for 30 minutes. You'll need to toss the ingredients once while cooking. Cook until potatoes are fork tender and sausage is a light brown.


Notes: I added the tomato from a recipe I found for this. So you could omit it if its not your thing.

No comments: