Sunday, August 17, 2008

21 Movie Review


Watched 21 with a college friend and her husband on Saturday night after Phelps won his 8Th Olympic Gold medal! Wow.

Now on to the movie.
This movie is based on a true story. 21 is about a bunch of MIT (geniuses) students and one teacher who basically win lots of money in Vegas playing you got it blackjack.

In the movie you learn how they count cards and use spotters to win big.

yes some of the story isn't realistic... how can you still get a 4.0 and spend the weekend gambling and doing no work?

I don't want to say too much about the movie since there are some plot twists but it was an enjoyable movie. I liked Kevin Spacey and Laurence Fishburne in it. Kate Bosworth is also in the movie, She was OK. I did like her disguises though. The other actors I hadn't recognized.

Is this the best movie I ever saw? No. But it was enjoyable. I laughed and that was enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen! I can always count on you to recommend good movies. I was curious about this one. Shaun of the Dead was a great rec!