Sunday, August 31, 2008

Movie Review: The Train


Last night I finally watched The Train. My brother had blogged about it a while back and I put it on my Netflix list and I guess I had moved it up my Que.

Well anyway The Train,has Burt Lancaster staring as a Paris train worker, he's supposedly French (has a NY accent I thought;)) The basic premise is that it is during the last days of World War II and the Germans are trying to get all of this impressive Art out of France and into Germany by train.

I have watched a few films set during world war II but nothing that was made during the 1960's. I thought all the actors did a great job but no one else was as noticeable as Burt Lancaster. One of the better ones I have seen is Black Book of a Jewish Woman who stays in Holland during World War II and assists in the resistance.

No comments: