Thursday, December 11, 2008

Recipe: Spritzer Doodle Cookies


Here's the recipe or the adapted recipe for the snicker doodle style spritz cookies I made. I'm still tinkering with the recipe. I think next time I might try a teaspoon of cinnamon.

I adapted my favorite recipe for basic spritz/pressed cookies.

From my good buddy Martha Stewart.

Ingredients
2 sticks room temperature unsalted butter (I've used salted too not a big difference)
1 c sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 c flour

Preheat oven to 375. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add the egg, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; continue beating until well mixed. Then add the flour gradually.

Pack the cookie dough into a cookie press according to the manufacturer's instructions. Fit with desired shape cookie plate and press dough onto ungreased cookie sheet, spacing cookies 1 inch a part. Decorate with sprinkles and colored sugars.

Bake until cookies are lightly golden about 10 minutes and transfer to wire racks to cool. Cookies may be stored in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. Makes 40-60 cookies. These also freeze well.

picture to be posted soon

No comments: